Friday, February 12, 2010

Unwritten protocol finally broken

The complex were I live does not assign parking spaces. Parking is on a first-come first-park basis. With the snows we've had here (starting before Christmas!) parking has been at a premium. A friend and my son dug my car out (twice in the past three weeks) so I could get out for doctor and treatment appointments. Each time I have returned, I've been pleasantly surprised and pleased that 'my' space was open. Residents and guests have been operating on an unwritten protocol of not taking a space that someone else had worked to clear. I returned home yesterday evening to find a car parked in the space. I was rather taken aback that the driver is a retired Marine. (His car has specialty license plates with the Marine insignia.) All things come to an end. (I think I just tasted sour grapes.) Oh, well... Spring will get here eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment