Saturday, July 23, 2011

Living life amidst miracles, generousity, and serendipity

Almost every day, I am reminded what a gift my life is. I don't actually forget so much as take a day or two for granted then get brought up short with a reminder...

Miracles don't usually happen in twos, with an hour or so between. The result of which being hazard-avoidance and survival. As I can't tell the exact story of these happenings without revealing names, suffice it to say that they were followed by stunned silence on my part and, a couple of days later, a calm, short lecture on changing lanes while driving.

All of my friends and most of my dear acquaintances are warm, intelligent, generous people. Why, then, am I so blown away when I am the beneficiary of that generousity? I am continually amazed when it comes my way... I'm so used to seeing it directed toward others.

During the course of a conversation the other day, one of my granddaughters suggested that I start dating again. Really!?

Got a wrong-number call yesterday that turned out to be a right number. The caller was obviously surprised when I answered and when identities were confirmed, it was so good to be speaking with the caller. We hadn't talked in a long time and caught up quickly, albeit with recaps. It was so great reconnecting with this wonderful person.

The best of all is having celebrated a four-year anniversary this past May a diagnosis that would have been a six-month death sentence but for the gift of just the right doctors at the right time. I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in. And loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment