Friday, November 27, 2009

Glorious Thanksgiving

What a wonderful Thanksgiving Day I had. The weather where I am was sunny and shirt-sleeve mild and I got to be with some (not all) of my favorite people. Okay, so they're my family. I can't help it if they're the Best and Brightest. The rest of my B&B were off celebrating with more of my B&B. I feel like the pebble that's thrown in a pond... the rippling rings of extended family & friends keep moving out from me. If I can ever remember to buy the winning lottery ticket, I'll get them all together in one location.

So much to be thankful for this year. Family, old friends, new acquaintances. Serendipity, little graces, large blessings. Being in good shape for the shape I'm in.

And I finally figured out the real reason we eat turkey on Thanksgiving. It doesn't taste like chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment