Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hey, Kids... what time is it?

My body woke up at its usual time but the clocks suggested otherwise. It's now 4:11am (or 3:11am depending on my time or the clock's). Today is my youngest child's birthday. As usual, I didn't get a card in the mail to her. At least I'm consistent. I'll call later to remind her and say, "Happy Birthday."

I'm so glad I've lived long enough to reach a stage of thanksgiving for every moment... admittedly, some more pleasant than others. Looking back, I have to admit that most of the angst I experienced was self-induced. My life has actually been an easy one as compared to those of others who have had true tragedy to endure. I've been blessed with wonderful family, friends and experiences. I've met interesting people. And had just the right amount of adventure. All enough to inspire me to want to wake up each morning. If I'd had the wisdom to practice appreciation earlier in my life, I'd have had a lot less of that angst. The official Thanksgiving will be here soon but I celebrate it each day.

Every time I hear someone say, "What time is it," I automatically think, "Howdy Doody time!" (Showing my age here.) I've had a lifetime filled with Howdy Doodys and Mr. Blusters and Princesses Spring Summer Winter Fall, and Clara Bells. All my life I've had a pretty static picture of God in my mind, a result of my upbringing and the pictures in my old King James bible. But, every once in a while, I see Him differently. Right now, He looks like Buffalo Bob. I've lived my life in the Peanut Gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment