Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New year... new experiences

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ' I've lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." 
- Eleanor Roosevelt

My new year has already given me marvelous memories. On December 31, last year, I was part of a New Year's party with the talented, giving women of From the Heart. (More about them in future posts.) I realized that I really consider that the beginning of my new year. We knew we'd all probably be in bed by 10pm that night, so we celebrated from 10am until 2pm. The food was tasty and the communion of friends wonderful... a great way to start this year.

I'm preparing to gather with my family to celebrate our post-holiday 'holiday.' I think I've mentioned before how all the adults are great cooks. I'm looking forward to more good food and fellowship with most of my favorite relatives.

Last week, my doctor looked me in the eye and said something I never thought I'd ever hear someone say to me. He told me that I am losing too much weight; I need to eat more. I have a witness. I'm trying to be grown up about this, but I am, after all, only human... Neener Neener!



No comments:

Post a Comment