Thursday, June 18, 2009

Living a charmed life?

Throughout my life, I have had numerous illogical escapes from potentially deadly events. When I became aware of these escapes, I at first thought there must be something special that I was to supposed to do for human-kind. As I grew older, and continued to experience these escapes, I decided that it wasn't about me doing something, but about being instrumental in helping someone else do something. I developed a sense of being almost indestructible. Several years ago while my son-in-law was in the car with me, I narrowly missed an accident with a truck. He was amazed at our good luck. I explained my theory. I told him how I probably would not know when I had completed whatever it was that I was supposed to do... but when that happened BLAM! No more narrow escapes. He said he could see how I would feel that way. He just hoped he wasn't with me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment