Monday, June 29, 2009

Am I blue?

Am I blue? No, but I started out that way. I was a blue baby... born with the cord wrapped around my neck three times. My mother watched as the doctor unwrapped the cord from my neck and I slowly attained a healthy color. It was also a breach birth... I arrived right-foot first with my left leg pressed up against my left arm. It was not an easy experience for my mother, who delivered me in a small town hospital. I didn't move my left arm for several days. Mom massaged my left arm and leg for hours each day until I finally gained movement in my arm and leg. If I suffered any brain damage, it was minimal. I consider my survival a miracle.

I have experienced many miracles throughout my life, not the least of which is being here today... my birthday. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment